[audacity4blind] Re: applying a quick fade out

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 07:29:31 +0100

Hi Mike!
yes, you can alter a project at any time because it is saved with all tracks
intact. Only if you export the project to an audio format such as mp3, the
tracks are mixed down to one. Saving the project means you can reopen and
continue work on it.
In order to fade out you need to select the required passage. Press shift-A
during playback where you want the fade to begin. This will set the cursor
at that spot. Then press shift-end to select to the end of the file, then
apply Fade Out. To get a smoother sounding fade you can repeat the effect by
pressing ctrl-r.

Cheers! Robbie