[audacity4blind] Re: any success using glitchmachine vst's with audacity?

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 20:28:39 +1100

Hi Scott

This is a bit of a long shot as I am not familiar with the Glitchmachine plugins. I use Peak Compressor from SinusWebv. Not having used it for a while, I was surprised a couple of days ago not to be able to make the usual adjustments. My foggy brain then remembered the issue. Having pressed Enter on Manage, I arrowed down to Options. Graphical interface was checked. Unchecking it brought back all the goodies.

When you get to a submenu, try pressing Enter rather than right arrow. That works sometimes when right arrow does not.

Others may have more relevant info.

Andrew

On 22/03/2016 8:43 AM, Scott Lawlor wrote:

Hello.

I am brand new to the list but have a question right off that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I'm using the latest version of audacity with jaws 16 and here's the situation that I'm encountering.

when I'm in audacity and I hit enter on a vst effect, and then manage, I see a dialog that says something like user presets unavailable, factory presets which is a submenu so when I write arrow, it says default but hitting enter doesn't seem to do anything. Am I doing something wrong in trying to access the functionality of a particular vst plugin?

A lot of these plugins come with factory presets which are helpful in learning about different parameters but accessing those presets seems to be almost impossible.

I've contacted the people at glitchmachine and they've given me a couple of plugins to try to work with but since I don't know the first thing about what to suggest for something to be accessible, I'm not sure what to tell him.

Is there a resource that I could point him to regarding trying to make vst's that are accessible in audacity?

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.