[audacity4blind] Re: accessibility

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:28:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gary,

For accessibility, you'll want to use Audacity 1.3.1, still in beta (testing and developing), but it has _many_ new keyboard commands which make it much more useable by someone using a screen reader. The keyboard commands for Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are available on my website at www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/kbd.htm .

Yes, there is noise reduction under the effects menu, yes you can record vinyl lps and clean them up. I think there's even a pop or click remover now in 1.3.1.

David

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Gary Schindler wrote:

How accessible is audacity as far as an audio editor, and how is the noise reduction and so on. is it good enough for restoration of vinyl records?
Gary Schindler
Bridgeville PA

To unsubscribe from this list please use the following command:

To unsubscribe from this list please use the following command: