[audacity4blind] Re: a strange problem with audacity version 2.1.3

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 17:35:37 +1000

Mike, have you done the mandatory reboot? That fixes so many weird issues in Windows. I don't understand what you mean by "The file ... appears to disappear". Is the track still there? If so, does going to the end of it and checking the length show the correct length?

I just played around with zoom levels here and that made no difference. It is certainly not usual behaviour for Audacity.

Andrew

On 27/06/2017 11:40 AM, Mike Bernard (Redacted sender mbern6516 for DMARC) wrote:

Hello fellow Audacity users:

I’ve noticed that as of today, when I play a file in Audacity, for whatever reason, the files will not play all the way through. They’ll play to a certain spot no matter what the file is, but then it stops. If I try to place the cursor in a certain place within a file to delete the remainder of it, the file to which I’m editing appears to disappear. Again, I’m using Audacity version 2.1.3. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks.

Mike

Do you like disco? Do you like to shake your groove with New Wave, 90s Hiphop, Or today’s slammin hits? If so, check out my show every Wednesday night from 7 to 9 pm Eastern on ACB Radio Interactive at

www.acbradio.org/interactive <http://www.acbradio.org/interactive>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>