[audacity4blind] Re: a question regarding aup files

  • From: Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 22:00:48 +0200

You can simply copy and paste - in yet another instance of Audacity.

Thus, Ctrl+n
Paste part A into the empty project.
Set the cursor to the point where part B should start (e.g. "end" or
"k"), copy this part from project B and paste it into project C.
The tracks in C have to be selected, although you only use a single
cursor position (and not a region, which would be overwritten);
otherwise the tracks are inserted as new tracks.

This is the simplest way if you work with the same number of tracks
and the same order.

I'd propose to try it with three test projects and some generated sounds.

Robert

Hello.

Aup files are not audio files. They are files that only Audacity reads.
These aup files contain text written information about the project. If
you want to split your project, you may first have to export selected
tracks and time ranges out to wav or mp3 files. Then, build a new
project with the same information, or make the changes to the existing
one, where the 2 split parts are now together. I hope that is usefull,
or may other list members give more help. Best regards.

Vitor

On 20/08/2015 16:37, Mike Bernard (Redacted sender mbern6516@xxxxxxx for
DMARC) wrote:
Hello fellow audacity users:

I'm in the mits of completing an audio project. While listening to the
audio
file, I've found a couple errors to which I need to fix. I've cut the aup
file into two parts and have opened them in two separate instances of
audacity, so that I can work with the individual section I need to
fix.Once
I've made the necessary changes, is it technically possible to splice
both
halves of the aup file back together? I know that this can be done with
mp3s, but as we all know, the more you mess with mp3s, the more swirley
things get thus, the lower the quality of the file gets. I'm trying to
avoid
any swirling as much as possible, as once this audio project is fully
completed, I intend to upload it to a public web site so that people
around
the world can have access to it. So, my question to all of you is, once
you
split an aup file in half, is it possible to import the second half, so
that
the file can be whole again? Basically what I'd like to do is once I've
fixed what I need to fix in part A of the project, I'd like to mark the
spot
where I'd like part B to begin and then time shift it. Just like when you
splice two mp3 files together. I was wondering if this same thing could
be
done with aup files?

Mike

Rochester, NY.