[audacity4blind] a question regarding aup files

  • From: "Mike Bernard" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mbern6516@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 11:37:49 -0400

Hello fellow audacity users:

I'm in the mits of completing an audio project. While listening to the audio
file, I've found a couple errors to which I need to fix. I've cut the aup
file into two parts and have opened them in two separate instances of
audacity, so that I can work with the individual section I need to fix.Once
I've made the necessary changes, is it technically possible to splice both
halves of the aup file back together? I know that this can be done with
mp3s, but as we all know, the more you mess with mp3s, the more swirley
things get thus, the lower the quality of the file gets. I'm trying to avoid
any swirling as much as possible, as once this audio project is fully
completed, I intend to upload it to a public web site so that people around
the world can have access to it. So, my question to all of you is, once you
split an aup file in half, is it possible to import the second half, so that
the file can be whole again? Basically what I'd like to do is once I've
fixed what I need to fix in part A of the project, I'd like to mark the spot
where I'd like part B to begin and then time shift it. Just like when you
splice two mp3 files together. I was wondering if this same thing could be
done with aup files?

Mike

Rochester, NY.