[audacity4blind] Windows 10 update and recording

  • From: "Ronald Edwards" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "facup1927" for DMARC)
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 13:16:30 +0100

Hi to all.

Using Windows 10 with NVDA and Audacity 2.1.03

There was recently a big Windows update that almost certainly needed sighted assistance for screen reader users to complete it. After that Audacity behaved differently.  This is most unusual as I find audacity most reliable.

Now when I press r to record I hear a message:  Error while opening sound device.  Please check the recording device settings and the project sample rate.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing.  I have also played mp3 files which are now much louder than they should be.  My NVDA speech is usual soundin

Any help would be gratefully received.

Ron

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line