[audacity4blind] Where can I find good quality sound effects I can use in Audacity?

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 10:34:51 +0930

Hi,
I've played around with many of the features of Audacity since I got it, and
was particularly intrigued by the sound generators. Of course, there's only so
much you can do with tones and white/pink noise, and although I have installed
the Nyquist "Surf LFO" plug-in, it's not the same as real waves, though it
comes close. My question is, are there any really good sites out there where I
can download free, high-quality background sounds (high quality meaning they
sound exactly as they would if you were encountering them in reality and are in
stereo) that I could use for any future Audacity projects? Things like waves,
wind, running water, rain, bird and animal calls (individual. I can mix them
together to make things sound more natural later), and the like are what I'm
after. Alternatively, if anyone on this list has a package of such sounds that
they downloaded previously, I'd love to get in touch off-list. :D