[audacity4blind] Welcome everyone

  • From: "Scott Berry" <sberry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:48:33 -0600

Hello there guys and gals,

My name is Scott Berry and I will be one of the moderators.  Also David Sky
one of the plug in developers for Audacity is on here.  He is also blind and
will help me moderate the list.  There are a few things I would like to
point out here and then messages can begin.

Etiquette

There are only three rules in my book that need to be followed and this is
the most important of them  No flaming or you automatically will go on
moderated status and secondly no fowl language will be aloud we are all
adults and should know how to speak without using bad language.

On Topic Posts and Changing Subjects

This is certainly a pet pieve of mine and probably many others.  Please
change the topic of the subject to reflect of what you are speaking.  Also I
know this is a wide topic as you may be recording music, audio tapes and
many other things which may fit in to Audacity.  So I will take a lean way
here unless things get out of control.  Please do your best to relate your
topic to Audacity.

List Notes

There will be some list testing from time to time as I am still figuring out
Freelists.  So please be patient as all bugs will adventually get worked
out.  Also there is a place to host a web site and between David and I we
will post some info there such as direct downloads to Audacity, David's
site, and help me here David who owns audaciem.com?  His site too.  I have
been reading with great interest the last couple nights a few posts by a
computer high school teacher and his page will certainly be included under
tutorials.  If you have questions or comments or anything again relating to
Audacity please feel free to post at any time.  I will also see if I or Dave
could try to get a couple of developers to monitor here for features and
suggestions.  Thanks for reading my rant and hope everyone has a rocking
weekend.

Scott Berry