[audacity4blind] Re: Volume problems

  • From: Janelle Vacanti <janellevacanti@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:18:33 -0400

You can record through your computer by selecting the "Stereo Mix" option in
the Volume Control.
Hold down the Windows key and then press the letter R. Once here, type
"sndvol32" (without the quotes) and press enter. Then press the Alt key and
then press the down arrow to go to Properties and press enter. Tab until you
get to the radio button that says "adjust volume for recording." Tab to the
"show the following volume controls" list box and make sure that Stereo Mix is
checked. Then tab to the OK button and press enter. Then if you tab, you should
come to something that says stereo mix balance and then tab again and there
should be stereo mix volume. Tab one more time and there should be a select
checkbox. Make sure this is checked and then press alt F4. Now you should be
able to record from your computer.

---- Lori Duncan <lori_duncan21@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi I have managed to open a file and select my playback and recording
> prefferences, but I can't find anything to do with the volume.  When I am
> recording it picks up sound coming through my mike, but not through my
> computer.  Does anyone know why this is?  I did select my recording and
> playback devices as the default, so no clue why it isn't working.  Many
> thanks from Lori.

The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/