[audacity4blind] Volume

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:10:01 +0100

Hi!
I'm having trouble understanding how Audacity handles volume. I imported
several tracks into a project. Some were quite loud, though without
causing any audible clipping. I used ReplayGain on the individual tracks,
making the quiet ones a little louder and the loud ones quieter. Next I
meant to use Amplify on the hole project to achieve the highest possible
volume. The Amplification dB field contained a negative value. This would
make the project even quieter. I don't understand how a project which
didn't clip to begin with and that is now definitely quieter than before
is found to exceed 0 dB. Perhaps someone can help me understand

Thanks, Robbie