[audacity4blind] Re: Vocal Tracks Never Perfectly Align in time

  • From: Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 07:36:16 -0500

I think trial and error is the only sure way, increasing the negative number in increments of maybe 20 or 30 or so. It is tedious, but once accomplished you are probably set for that computer.

Rich De Steno

On 11/19/2013 2:49 AM, Gale Andrews wrote:
Hi,

I get the impression that Matthew's issue is that he needs blind steps
written out for him so as to perform the Latency Test:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/latency_test.html .

I had a thought for example that he may be able to use Analyze >
Sample Data Export to export a Time Indexed list file, then open that
file to read the distance between the peaks of the recorded clicks.

Has anyone done the latency test non-visually and can they help
Matthew out? Or is the best scheme to just do it by experimenting
with the Latency Correction value until it sounds correct?

Gale

| From Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
| Mon, 18 Nov 2013 08:16:16 -0500
| Subject: Vocal Tracks Never Perfectly Align in time
It works perfectly for me, I guess it depends on your system.  In fact, I must
go to negative 300 for my music keyboard.

Rich De Steno

On 11/18/2013 7:41 AM, Matthew Orts wrote:
Isn't -200 a bit too much?