[audacity4blind] Re: Vocal Tracks Never Perfectly Align in time

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 07:49:18 GMT

Hi,

I get the impression that Matthew's issue is that he needs blind steps
written out for him so as to perform the Latency Test:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/latency_test.html .

I had a thought for example that he may be able to use Analyze >
Sample Data Export to export a Time Indexed list file, then open that
file to read the distance between the peaks of the recorded clicks.

Has anyone done the latency test non-visually and can they help
Matthew out? Or is the best scheme to just do it by experimenting
with the Latency Correction value until it sounds correct?

Gale