[audacity4blind] Re: Vocal Tracks Never Perfectly Align in time

  • From: Matthew Orts <mattheworts1991@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 07:41:51 -0500

Isn't -200 a bit too much?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rich De Steno
  To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 7:34 AM
  Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Vocal Tracks Never Perfectly Align in time

  FYI, I had to increase my latency correction to negative 200.

Rich De StenoOn 11/17/2013 7:49 PM, Matthew Orts wrote:

    Hi, I'm having issues with recording vocals. When I record the first track,
the vocals are fine, but every subsequent track after that, the tracks are out
of step, even when I adjust the latency. I have my latency audio bset to 50 and
the latency correction set to -130. The way I test the tracks is put my
headphones up to the mic so it picks up the backing track from the headphones.
I record about three tracks, and they're all out of step with each other. I
want the tracks to be perfectly in time with each other. Using Audacity 2.0.5
with Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. Soundcard is IDT High Definition soundcard, could
that be part of the problem? Every subsequent track after the first one has
been recorded goes out of sync. So for example, say I'm recording a vocal or
instrument onto a track. I have the main backing track as the primary track,
and when I hit the record button, I record instruments or vocals onto a new
track. That first newly recorded track would be out of sync with the backing
track. All subsequent tracks will be out of step with each other the more I
record, until it turns into a huge mess. I've attached some sound files to give
an example of tracks out of step and what they should sound like while they are
synced together. This demonstration wasn't necessarily mixed with audacity, but
is to show an example of the latency issues I face when doing overdubs and/or
recording instruments. Audio Track 1 is the wav file with tracks out of step,
and audio track 2 is an mp3 of what the tracks should sound like if they were
perfectly aligned with each other. Hopefully that helps?