[audacity4blind] Re: Vocal Isolation Plugin

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 20:31:12 +1000

Hi Annabel

Vocal Isolation and Reduction is in the Audacity Efects Menu. Alt-c followed by v should do the trick. Having had a quick play with it, I am not convinced you will get the level of retrieval of your voice you want, but I didn't check it out in much detail.

If it isn't in your copy of Audacity, how old is your version?

Andrew

On 20/09/2015 11:42 AM, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I'm looking on the Audacity Wiki, and it seems that I can't find the Vocal Isolation and Reduction plugin. Is it a regular Audacity plugin? Is it a VST plugin? Is it a Nyquist plugin? I'm confused! Where do I search? I'm trying to recreate the raw track of my voice from a mixdown track, but all I have is all the instruments and vocals mixed together on one track. What do I do next?