[audacity4blind] Re: Using Audacity to Duplicate a Recording Made on Book Port DT

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:31:41 +0100

Hi Dave

I agree with David that it would be better to ask APH if you can
save the finished recording as a complete file.

Are you sure you are connecting to the cord to the correct
input on the work computer? If you have a choice of line input
in Audacity Device Toolbar, this usually means that you have
a separate line input and mic input, unless you are certain that
choosing "line" changes the single input from a mic to a line
input.

Also have you checked in the Windows Control Panels if
you can enable "stereo mix" or "what U hear" - then you
can choose that input and you don't need the cord.

What version of Windows is it? If it's XP, try these
instructions for enabling hidden inputs:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#xpcp .

If it is Windows Vista/Windows 7 or Windows 8:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#vistacp .

Gale