[audacity4blind] Using Audacity to Duplicate a Recording Made on Book Port DT

  • From: "Dave Van Der Molen" <dvm975@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:35:18 -0400

Hi All!!

I recently bought a Book Port DT.   As I'm recording, I use its rewind feature
to make corrections.  The problem is that Book Port creates a new file every
time I make a correction, so by the time I'm done recording, I can have 50
files or so.  I don't want to merge these files, because the mistakes I made
during the recording don't get corrected.  What I want to do is have Book Port
play my recording and use Audacity to copy the recording onto my PC, so that I
can further correct it and add effects with Audacity.

I have a patch cord.  I'm connecting one end of the cord into the earphone jack
of the Book Port.  I'm connecting the other end into my PCs audio jack.  I'm
using Audacity, and I'm not getting anywhere.

Here are what I think are the relevant Audacity settings:  under "devices"
(host), I've chosen the Windows DirectSound option.  I also have chosen the
settings of "Realtek HD Audio Output" and "Realtek HD Audio Input: line volume."

Can anyone help me on this one?

Thanks very much!

Dave