[audacity4blind] Re: Using Amplify in the Effects Menu

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:28:04 +0100 (BST)

Hi Gale,
I don't think there's a typo in that section of the Jaws guide.
My suggestion is to adjust the input volume so that if you do a short test
recording, select the audio,
and open the Amplify effect dialog, then the value in the amplification edit
box is about 6 db, so indicating that the max amplitude in the recording is
about -6 db.