[audacity4blind] Re: Unreliability of Audacity

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 07:34:49 +0100

Hi Jen!
Can you describe the problem more specifically? What were you trying to do
in Audacity at the time? Does the problem occur every time you perform this
particular action? Did the program react sluggishly or not at all? Did the
problem pass or did you restart Audacity?
I'm using the latest version on a Sony VAIO with Windows 8 and Audacity is
running like the clappers. On my previous VAIO however, I did experience
sluggish performance at times. Some effects would take ages and navigating
up and down through the track table could be painfully slow. I didn't blame
Audacity though, but the limited resources of my computer. Perhaps you could
achieve an improvement by deactivating unnecessary background services but
to try that you need to know what you're doing.

Cheers! Robbie