[audacity4blind] Re: USB Turntable

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:41:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ron,

Do you know what version of Audacity you are using?

You generally need to select at least some portion of audio before you apply an effect such as amplify. control+a selects all the audio you have loaded.

In the soon-to-be-released 1.3.4, you don't need to select any audio before you apply an effect.

Anything else just shout.

David

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007, tiscali wrote:

Thanks to all who advised me on getting Jaws to work with the above.

In Sounds and Audio Devices in Control pannel, I unchecked the box "use only default
devices".

My question now is where I can learn about editing.

When in audacity a lot of things in the menu bar are announced as
"unavailable".

I can record and play, but can't do much else like volume etc.

Any help gratefully received.

Ron

--
David R. Sky