[audacity4blind] Re: USB Headsets, sound cards and multiple port adapters

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 09:46:25 +0200

What form of computer are you using?

Asking since if it's a desktop PC, you could have either an actual sound card
installed, or additional USB ports.

Otherwise, USB splitters/multiple adapters should generally be cheap enough to
at least try out, allowing you to use multiple USB devices on one actual
port/socket, but, what have noticed on my desktop PC, when then doing things
like copying lots of large files onto a flash drive using something like that
is there might be a slightly slower transfer/copying rate/speed, and, suppose
that might affect it when using it to include connecting a USB soundcard.

And, I do have at least one, el cheapo, USB sound adapter here, but, got hold
of it more to do with using someone else's PC, even if they didn't have an
internal sound card installed, and it's worked alright on windows7 and windows
XP, for sort of testing purposes, but, other issue there was that it only has a
mono microphone socket, along with sound output, but, has no stereo line-in,
for actual recording, but, it's definitely a cheap, bottom of the range model,
FWIW.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
...Roger Wilco wants to welcome you, to the space janitor's closet...