[audacity4blind] Re: Trouble With The Nyquist Generate Prompt

  • From: Steve the Fiddle <stevethefiddle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 20:45:02 +0100

If you think of a "pulse" wave as signal that switches on and off.
then for a square wave it it turned on for half of one cycle and off
for the other half of the cycle. That is what happens when "bias" is
zero. For a higher bias value, it stays on for more than half the
cycle and then switches off for the smaller remainder of the cycle, At
a value of one, it is switched on all of the time, so there is no
oscillation and you will hear nothing. Similarly, when set to minus
one, it is "off" all the time and you will hear nothing.

Steve

On 31 May 2015 at 20:13, Annabelle Susan Morison
<foristnights@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What happens when bias is 1?

From: audacity4blind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Looks like you are missing a right paren or two.

(setf envelope (diff (pwev eps attack amp duration eps) eps))
(mult envelope
(stretch duration
(osc-tri frequency))

Output: