[audacity4blind] Re: Telephone effect

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 09:55:20 +0200

Ok, sorry - here on windows, under effects, it's, as far as I know, a stock effect just labeled equalisation.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017-05-02 07:27, afik Suffir wrote:

Hi jacob,

I don’t find the equalization dialog in the effects menu. I’m using MacBook Air.

בברכה,
אפיק סופיר
חבר ומייסד קבוצת ק.מ.ח - כי דברים שרואים משם לא רואים מכאן
050-5782208
Afik.sofir@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:Afik.sofir@xxxxxxxxx>
www.facebook.com/afik.sofir <http://www.facebook.com/afik.sofir>

‫ב-2 במאי 2017, בשעה 2:38, ‏‏⁨Jacob Kruger⁩ ‏<⁨jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>⁩> כתב/ה:‬

Makes it sound more like a telephone call recording - as in, almost drops the quality a bit, depending on context - I generally use things like treble boost and bass boost, along with a couple of other equalisation patterns to tweak recordings that weren't done in perfect environments, but, best would be to play around with them - the equalisation dialogue has a preview button to let you test them before applying them as well.

On 2017-05-01 23:20, John P. Thomas wrote:
That function may be of interest to me. I record phone interviews that I make through Skype. What exactly does the telephone setting do to alter the recording?

Thanks,
John

On 2017-05-01 20:00, afik Suffir wrote:
Hi, using audacity 2.1.1, and forgot how to do the equalization effect, and where is it?

בברכה,
אפיק סופיר
חבר ומייסד קבוצת ק.מ.ח - כי דברים שרואים משם לא רואים מכאן
050-5782208
Afik.sofir@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:Afik.sofir@xxxxxxxxx>
www.facebook.com/afik.sofir

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line
unsubscribe