[audacity4blind] Re: Switching from Amadeus Pro to Audacity

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 19:39:33 +0100

| From Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:34:17 +0200
| Subject: Switching from Amadeus Pro to Audacity
> Regarding remapping keys:
> The two keys mentioned are not on my keyboard unless I switch
> the layout. I have tried to use two keys, which are placed at the
> same keys as the [ and ] but unfortunately it doesn't seem to
> work. Even though they're not defined as anything in the list of
> keystrokes.
>
> Have you any ideas?

Are you still talking about Mac? What keys exactly are you setting
for "Left at Playback Position" and "Right at Playback Position"?

> Have you noticed that Audacity for some reason could mute your
> speech?

There is no problem with NVDA and Audacity on Windows, or
VoiceOver and Audacity on Mac as far as I can see. I can hear
what NVDA and VoiceOver is saying while audio starts to play
in Audacity.

Have you checked in Audacity Device Toolbar and in VoiceOver
settings that you are selecting the correct output device?

Gale