[audacity4blind] Switching from Amadeus Pro to Audacity

  • From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 00:02:47 +0200

Hi all!

I am new to this list and Audacity aswell.

I used to use Amadeus Pro on my Mac, but I got some issues with the app, so now
I am looking for other alternatives. THerefor I have some questions which I
hope I may ask here:
1. Can Audacity record two stereo track at once? Let's say 1 USB-mic and one
input from my Linein and can I hear them both when recording?

2. Can I easily export my project with two tracks to a wave-file where both
channels are intact and the way I want them to be regarding volume, pan etc.?

3. Is it possible to use other keys than the left and right brachet key, or is
there another workaround when the keyboard isn't an English keyboard layout?

4. Can I look at the tracks which are in my project, if I am working with more
than one track?
I need to get at least some speech feedback regarding the selected track in my
project if possible.

5. When my project is saved in the audacity-format can I then add some content
to it at a later time without having to redo too much in the original file?

Sorry for my many questions, but I hope Audacity will work for me.

Thanks in advance for any answer and sorry if my questions shoud be asked
another place.

Best regards
Thomas

Mail & MSN: