[audacity4blind] Re: Suggestion regarding editing and recording

  • From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 09:42:12 +0100

Hi Ritu!

Yes, you might be able to do this. If you record your audio, and stop it
because you made a mistake you can press shift + r to record again, but this
time it appends to the recording you already made.
If you on the other hand press r without the shift key Audacity will record to
a new track instead, and that might not be what you want to do.

If you are asking on how to re-record something after a recording has been
made I am not sure how to handle it, so I hope others on this list can help
you out.

Yes, you can do this from a qwerty keyboard. I myself had to change the
keystrokes as David suggests in his exelent Audacity-guide for jaws-users, and
it works great.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and my name isn’t David, but Thomas. :-)

Best regards
Thomas

Den 28. dec. 2015 kl. 07.25 skrev Ritu Shrivastav <ritumansi@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello David sir,
On Saturday,
I have asked you about editing the recorded text portion and you have
suggested the two steps to do so while playing the audio.
Sir,
I would like to know two things:
1 Can I apply the suggested steps in qwerty standard keyboard?
2 Suppose I would like to record the text from where I left of.
Can I do so?
If yes,
Then what should be the steps.
I hope that my questions will be taken into consideration very soon.
Thankyou
Sincerely yours
Ritu