[audacity4blind] Still - Shifting/moving start time of one track relative to another

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 17:04:08 +0200

Ok, tried my simple method of shifting starting point of one track, relative to
starting point of all/another track on smaller test files, and it works fine:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13327195/delayShift.zip

This was since was wondering if couldn't maybe just be a form of
system/audacity overload since the two primary files am working on have
durations of roundabout 2 hours 49 minutes+ each - but, initial one is
roundabout 2 minutes longer than secondary track - was also something was
wondering about.

Anyway, the zip file above contains the test audacity project, along with two
small test files I recorded using my microphone earlier, just for testing
purposes, but, if you open the audacity project, you'll see that it worked
perfectly when just told it to start selection at a specific point, told it to
align cursor with selection start, turned off selection on first/primary track,
turned it on for second track, and told audacity to align track with selection
start.

Thus, am, again, wondering, is it that my issue when working with actual
data/files could have something to do with the size/length of the other two
files..?

Will also try out that timeShifter effect itself, but, would still like to know
why one specific bit of data is affecting/changing the way audacity is
performing/carrying out a task..?

Also specifically tried first converting the original video clip into MP3
before importing it into audacity in case audacity's own import part of process
could be affecting overall process, but anyway.

Ideas?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker