[audacity4blind] Re: Starting from scratch: needing beginners help please...

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 06:01:45 -0500

for a good introduction, go through the part of my tutorial on Audacity
and Mp3 Direct Cut that deals with Audacity.  the first part of the
tutorial covers basic functions of Audacity.  If you want to learn more,
the JAWS guide may be a way to proceed.  I don't consider it a good
resource for many or most beginners.  It is very densely written and,
while it may be useful after initial learning to learn more advanced
features, I don't consider it a good way for a lot of people to start
learning.

I should point out that one statement may be incorrect in the tutorial.  I
say that in order to edit, you have to save a file and then open it again
after you record it.  This may not be accurate.  You can experiment and
see.  It may be that selecting the track solves this problem if it is
occurs but I hope others will comment.  I don't go into using edit and the
up and down arrow keys to select a track in my tutorial.  Again, others
may want to briefly explain how to select a track.  As far as saving and
reopening a file after recording it, you can do so if that does improve
the ability to edit but you may not have to do so.

You can download my tutorial here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25812011/recording%20presentation.zip

Gene