[audacity4blind] Re: Sound Generator - Announcement Bell

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 19:14:39 +1100

Regarding amplitude, I accepted the default of 0.8. For reasons outside my understanding, that translates to a value of about minus 2 when checking the level on the track that is produced.

Regarding the short fade out, you need to select just the section of audio to which you want the fade to apply. That applies to any effect. For the announcement tone, I selected just the last half second or so and applied the fade.

Are you familiar with the selection toolbar? Pressing ctrl-f6 from the track view will take you to it. I won't describe further here but feel free to ask questions if you are not familiar with that really important facility. Another way of achieving the same result is to use left and right brackets to set left and right ends of selection while in track view.

Andrew

On 8/10/2015 1:14 PM, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:

What was the amplitude you put these on?