[audacity4blind] Re: Solo/muting question (Subject changed) Re: Introduction and first question

  • From: "Liu Kai Chan" <xy.gorth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:58:03 -0400

well on windows solo works with shift + u, and it simply automatically mutes all the tracks but the one that you hit the key combination on. so i'm not intirely sure if you'd want to mess with that. to

-----Original Message----- From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:08 AM
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Solo/muting question (Subject changed) Re: Introduction and first question

Hi!

Wow, I forgot all about solo. I just mute all tracks with command-u (CTRL-U on WIndows I believe) and then unmute as I need them.

Do you recommend changing the settings for soloing or just leave them as default?

Best regards Thomas
Den 20/06/2014 kl. 12.07 skrev Liu Kai Chan <xy.gorth@xxxxxxxxx>:

you can either mute all the other tracks by using the shift + u key combination on the individual tracks that you don't want to hear or you can solo the track that you want to play alone by using shift + s key combination. note that the above key combinations toggle so that if you do the same thing again it would undo the soloing of the single track that you wanted to hear or it would undo the muting of the tracks that you've muted. hope this helps.

-----Original Message----- From: Sharon Hooley
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 4:47 PM
To: Audacity For The Blind
Subject: [audacity4blind] Introduction and first question

Hi all,

My name is Sharon Hooley.  I am on other lists and I recognize me.

"and here is my first question: Is it possible to make only one track to play when they're all lined up at the start of a project? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone

---

---