[audacity4blind] Re: Snowball mike not working

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 04:49:36 +0100

| From "John W. Hess" <wysiwygtechnologies@xxxxxxxxx>
| Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:10:57 -0400
| Subject: [audacity4blind] Snowball mike not working
> Imac Intel. I just bought the blue snowball mike and it works
> well with skype but when I set the input for it on audacity although
> it shows up in the device list audacity says error can't open audio
> device. When I do select it it also shows "port audio V19" does this
> mean anything and could this be the problem? if so where and what do I
> change this too?

Are you using a screen reader? PortAudio v19 should be a fixed
description in the interface irrespective of what sound device you are
selecting.

I suggest you set the Snowball up as the input device at Mac hard disk >
Applications >  Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. Click on the Audio Devices
tab and under Audio Input, make sure Snowball is selected in the
"Default Input" and "Properties for" dropdowns. In the "Format" dropdowns
under Audio Input, choose "44100.0 Hz" and "1 ch-16 bit". Set Audacity to
match those settings i.e set the Project Rate to 44100 Hz and record in mono
(Audio I/O tab of Preferences).

Gale

The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/