[audacity4blind] Re: Since I've decloaked...

  • From: "John W. Hess" <wysiwygtechnologies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:03:46 -0400

Really! rats1!! I am leopard and intel. How can I correct this? If you try the same thing with gain by pressing shift-g changing the gain and pressing enter to close the dialog if you then move to another track with the arrow keys do you get the disallow dialog or does it just highlight the next track? When I make the change the dialog closes correctly and all is well it's when I try to do something else I get the disallow dialog. Also, or is this going to be the major work around, would it be possible tohear the words selected and unselected when pressing enter on a track like the windows version? Okay! I have to admit I am just wondering what is possible to at least make this final release perhaps not totally accessible but more so. I will tell you that I wouldn't be buging you as much if I didn't see inmourous potential already. It's just really an amazing product and this 1.3 version I have been able to do more with then anything. Just fantastic. Okay! kid in candy store will go back home now!!!!!!

On Jun 12, 2008, at 3:27 AM, Leland wrote:

--On June 11, 2008 11:50:15 PM -0400 "John W. Hess" <wysiwygtechnologies@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Good evening Leland. The folder says 1.3.5 and the info on the
application file says 1.3.4.  Try the following to simulate the
problem.  Open a file which will generate a track of audio.  Press
Shift-p for pan and then type -50 in the edit box and press enter.
The file will be panned over and then if you try to do it again or
even move the arows to go to another track you will get the dialog
asking you to try and select audio and that it has been disallowed.

This doesn't happen here on either the released or current CVS versions. Focus returns to the target track after the dialog closes like it should. What you describe is definitely a lost focus issue. Are you Tiger/Leopard, PPC/Intel?

Leland