[audacity4blind] Re: Silence Preview?

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 17:59:18 -0700

You can't press ALT and CTRL at the same time, and holding CTRl down doesn't silence the progress bar. You can always use Shift+Insert+s, or the JAWS keystroke JAWSKey+SPACE, s. It's nice not to have to mute synth, start preview, then unmute synth.

I sent you a link to the localizable installer on 11/13. That should be the latest except for my changes for 2.1.2RC1. There was a missing comma in the Spanish .jsm which caused his install to fail, but I haven't heard if he's tried it again after fixing that or not. Before that, I posted scripts to the list on 9/29. I don't know if anyone has tried them or not. I'm about to send you the two files I modified for 2.1.2RC1, which should work on 2.1.1 as well.

Maybe I should set up a public repo on GitHub or Google Code or something. This e-mail thing worked for Cuong and I but maybe it's time to rethink that. That would mean I'd have to clean up my repo structure a bit more.

Gary

On 12/2/2015 3:21 PM, David Engebretson Jr. wrote:

How about we advise the user to keep their finger on the ctrl key so they can stop speech if they don't want to hear JAWS babbling?

I'm looking for the latest set of scripts. I have a Windows 10 machine with JAWS 17 on it that I think might be the best baseline to start at.

Will you help me find the latest version of the scripts kind sir?

Best,
David