[audacity4blind] Re: Separating Stereo Channels on NLS-type Recordings

  • From: Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 08:47:28 -0400

I think I got it going now. I see you can also select the unwanted track and remove it under the tracks menu.

Rich De Steno

On 8/25/2012 6:19 AM, Steve the Fiddle wrote:
1) Context menu > Split Stereo to Mono.
2) Select the reversed track.
3) From the Effect menu > Reverse.
4) Export each track individually.

There are several ways to accomplish step 4. One method is to select
one track and use "File menu > Export Selection", then repeat for the
other track.

Steve

On 25 August 2012 02:57, Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have some old cassettes that I recorded on four distinct tracks like the
old NLS tapes.  I want to record the separate tracks in Audacity.  Here is
the problem.  As I run a cassette through one side, it obviously records the
left track forward and the right track backward due to the NLS format.  I
went into the context menu and selected separation of the stereo tracks.  I
then went back into the context menu and selected the left track, which is
the forward track.  I went back a third time and selected mono.  This was
effective in giving me the forward left track in the middle, but I cannot
get rid of the backward track on the right side.  What steps am I missing to
separate these tracks so that they can be saved in a forward direction in
separate files?

--
Rich De Steno