[audacity4blind] Re: Selection command not reliabel

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 13:57:39 -0700

Hi Robbie,

I think what David said about Shift+a not setting the selection end might be the problem. After I stop, I check the start and end of the selection. If they aren't the same I hit leftArrow to collapse the selection. You could also press pause and set the end of the selection with ]. Then Shift+j would set the start position.

Gary

On 8/25/2016 5:36 AM, Robbie wrote:

Hi!

I’m using JAWS 17 and Audacity 2.1.2.0 on Windows 10.

I’m experiencing the following scenario:

A selected track is playing and I press shift-A to stop and set the cursor. Next I press shift-J to select to track start. Then I press Delete to remove the selected region. On pressing Space, I’d expect to hear the remaining audio, but the track is empty. All the audio was deleted.

On pressing ctrl-Z and checking the selection length it turns out shift-J selected the audio from start to finish.

This phenomenon appears to occur randomly. In-between shift-J works as it should. When it does malfunction I need to unselect and select the target track repeatedly to make it work properly.

Has anyone experienced the same or is it a known problem? I’d be glad of any input.

Thanks! Robbie