[audacity4blind] Re: Selecting and playing audio

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 09:37:13 -0500

Your problem may be that you stop play before you press a bracket.  I am
not using any scripts and I get no announcement from JAWS or any
screen-reader when I press a bracket.  Keep the file playing and press a
bracket or pause the file and press a bracket.  You may want to pause play
but I find this an unnecessary and redundant step.

Also, there is a setting in Audacity that makes it unnecessary to select a
track if you are editing a stereo or monaural file.  I describe the
setting and how it should be set in my presentation.  I don't recall the
details now.

I'm not discussing whether this setting should be used when editing
multitrack files and I don't know if it should be used in that context.
I've done almost no editing of multitrack files.  I'm discussing only
simple stereo or monaural files.

Gene