[audacity4blind] Selecting and playing audio

  • From: Johny Cassidy <Johny.Cassidy1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 14:04:15 +0100

Hi there

Totally new to audacity so I appreciate all the advice I can get.

I've been reading through the tutorials for audacity and JAWS.  It seems
pretty straight forward, except I'm really struggling to select audio
and play the selection back.

The tutorial says to use the left and right brackets to choose the start
and end points of the piece you want to select, but I don't think it's
working for me.  When I try and play the selection back it just plays
the whole track.  Where am I going wrong?

This will probably be the first of many many posts I put up here so
thanks for all.

PS  I'm using JAWS 10 and Windows XP with the latest version of
Audacity.

www.twitter.com/johnycassidy

Johny Cassidy

Planning Producer
BBC Business and Economics

02085767486

www.twitter.com/johnycassidy

From 8 th October, the BBC Business planning desk will be located in New
Broadcasting House in W1

New number from then will be 020 361 42555

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.