[audacity4blind] Selecting a Laptop That Works Well with Audacity

  • From: David Van Der Molen <dvm975@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 22:02:08 -0400

I need to record and edit recordings remotely, so I'm strongly considering purchasing a laptop and running audacity on it to do this work. I would connect an external mic to the laptop, rather than using its internal mic.

Does anyone have suggestions of Windows 10 laptops that wouldn't lock up easily while recording, that would have a good-size keyboard, and that would allow me to produce quality recordings? Would I have to spend a lot of money (i.e., more than $500) to meet the above requirements?

Dave

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line