[audacity4blind] Re: Selecting Tracks

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:36:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the list.

Which version of Audacity are you using? Based on what you wrote, I assume it's 1.3.1. There have been several alterations in the development of 1.3.1, and I haven't kept up-to-date with all of them - 1.3.1 is still in development. From what I can recall maybe a couple months ago, shift+down arrow does (or should) extend the selected tracks down, and pressing enter while on a focused track unselects/selects it. Does your screen reader correctly announce which tracks are selected? You can hear which tracks are selected by pressing the up and down cursor arrows.

I assume you've been trying to apply an effect to your selected tracks, is this correct?

David

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, T Leizert wrote:

Hello, this is my first post to the list; but I've been using Audacity for a
few months now. What I've been trying to do without much success, is to select
multiple tracks, 2 or more, and then perform some action upon them.
Unfortunatly, Shift down-arrow, or up-arrow doesn't seem to work. Or, perhaps
it's best to say it doesn't work most of the time. Does anyone on the list know
the best way for selecting multiple tracks.

Terry