[audacity4blind] Re: Request for importing audio into Audacity

  • From: "Orlando Enrique Fiol" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ofiol" for DMARC)
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2019 20:16:20 -0400

Speeaking of opening versus importing, I have long wanted to run plugins on entire directories with subdirectories, I.E. time stretch or hard limiting. Butt whenever I attempt to do this in Audacity, I receive errors. My only workaround has been to import all the files in a single directory as tracks in a single Audacity project, apply the plugins and then export the tracks as individual files. This is inconvenient because I must wait for all these files to load, then another inordinate time to re-export them. Sound Forge has a bulk plugin application utility where one can specify a host of plugins in any order and then run them on directories and subdirectories. Am I missing something obvious to do this in Audacity?

Many thanks,
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@xxxxxxxxxxx

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line