[audacity4blind] Re: Removing distortion.

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 19:34:55 +0100

| From Anders Holmberg <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:14:36 +0200
| Subject: [audacity4blind] Removing distortion.
> I have a radio show which i recored but its very distorted.
> Is it possible to at least reduce distortion from a sound in audacity?
> I know its hard to remove dist from a sound but can you reduce it?

It depends what the cause of the distortion is.

If you select the show in Audacity, run Analyze > Find Clipping
and many labels are produced, then the show was recorded too
loud. You can Amplify by -10 dB to make it quieter then use
Effect > Clip Fix but it will not make all that much difference.

If the distortion is too much bass, then you could try reducing
the lower frequencies in Effect > Equalization.

If the distortion is some constant noise in the background, try
Effect > Noise Removal.