[audacity4blind] Re: Removing Buffer Stops and Starts in YouTube Songs

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 23:29:29 -0500

I did a presentation for Accessible World awhile ago which discusses and
describes the basics of Audacity.  I'm not sure how much you already know.
 My presentation mostly covers things such as recording, saving and
editing audio.  I don't recall if I describe any effects but effects are
not a main topic, if they are covered.  I also discuss bit rates when
recording Mp3 files.  The presentation is for two recording programs,
Audacity and Mp3 Direct Cut and I don't recall where I discuss bit rates.

As far as the JAWS Audacity guide is concerned, it is densely written and
is more like a manual than a tutorial.  You may well find it useful once
you know the basics of Audacity, to get information about more advanced
topics.  I don't think most people would find it very useful as new users.
 Diffferent people learn differently and you may find it useful as a new
or rather new user.  As I said, I doubt most people will.

I will correct a statement I made in my presentation.  I said you have to
save a file before you can edit it if it is something you have recorded.
Whether that was true in trhe past or not, it isn't now.

You can download my presentation here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25812011/recording%20presentation.zip

Also, if you intend to have files as mp3 files in their final form, you
may find it much easier to edit using Mp3 Direct Cut.  Depending on what
you are doding, you may want to record using Audacity, apply effects and
do other work and then save the file as an mp3 file.  You might then edit
the mp3 file using mp3 direct cut after you have done everything else you
wish and, as I said, saved the file as an mp3 file.

Gene