[audacity4blind] Recording spoken audio while listening to it from form of electronic script file on same PC

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 14:19:13 +0200

Silly question - I know it is - but, if I want to record myself reading contents of a text file, was playing around with using a set of earphones, with a built-in boom microphone, that have largish earpieces that cover your ears completely, and trying to then actually not plug their output jack into the PC, but, while have the microphone plugged in to the machine's microphone socket, I then plugged some decent, sennheiser in-ear earphones into the output socket, and literally just wore the other, larger earphones over them, with the idea being that I could then record using the microphone and audacity, while reading the contents using NVDA, via the earphones, and sort of repeating it as I heard it.

This was since when initially tried using these earphones for both listening and recording, it was picking up quite a bit of the audio coming out through the earphones via the microphone.

Idea is thus, to sort of transcribe some text contents into spoken audio, but, the issue is that no matter if I set NVDA's output volume quite low, this microphone still seems to be picking it up - maybe it's picking up some of the electronic activity, volume levels notwithstanding.

Only other thing was still considering trying, for now, is to actually convert the synthesised speech into something like MP3, and then listen to it on a totally separate MP3 player, while still recording via the PC/laptop, but, just wondering if I am totally confused/mistaken, and is it likely that it's literally just that the microphone is actually recording the rendered audio output of the sennheiser earphones?

Alternatively, I might end up having to just pause between listening to each piece of content, before then speaking it myself, but, this would be a bit irritating, since would then need to step through whole recording, cutting out the pieces, bit by bit?

Thoughts/suggestions?

TIA

Jacob Kruger

Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line