[audacity4blind] Re: Recording songs

  • From: Ella Yu <ellaxyu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 14:56:52 -0700

Yeah, that's how I use amplify. I usually use it to increase volume, but it depends.

From: "Immigrant" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted
sender"immigrant328" for DMARC)
To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 16:41:14 -0400

Thanks. I will probably need to turn down the volume of the track,
somehow my voice comes out tiny and distant through the microphone if
the track is at its original volume, and with volume decreased, I
begin to sound clearer.
This seemed to be more prominent when I was using my headset as
speakers for playback, so I opted to use my external speakers. I have
a couple of configurations I can experiment with.

From: "Immigrant" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted
sender"immigrant328" for DMARC)
To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 15:00:16 -0400
Subject: [audacity4blind] Recording songs

In the older versions of Audacity, if you sang along with a karaoke
track, you would first import the track, then create a new track which
would become track 2, and start recording. As the recording started,
Audacity would automatically create a track 3, which would be the mix
of tracks
1 and 2.  In
the newer versions of Audacity, if you record with overdubbing and
choose to record as a new track, when the recording is finished and
you play it back, you discover that Audacity recorded your singing and
also the instrumental track as it was being played back during your
singing. So, now you have a secondary instrumental track in the mix.
How do you avoid it? If I were to choose to append to existing track
instead of new track, or if I turned off overdubbing, I would not hear
the instrumental track at all, so I would be unable to follow along.
But if I overdub, the overdubbing is recorded onto the new track.

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives, Audacity
keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line
unsubscribe