[audacity4blind] Re: Recording songs

  • From: Ella Yu <ellaxyu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 13:44:50 -0700

If your voice is not loud enough, you can use audacity's "amplify" feature to adjust the volume of a single recorded track. I've used it and it doesn't seem to negatively affect the sound.

From: "Immigrant" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted
sender"immigrant328" for DMARC)
To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 15:00:16 -0400
Subject: [audacity4blind] Recording songs

In the older versions of Audacity, if you sang along with a karaoke track,
you would first import the track, then create a new track which would become
track 2, and start recording. As the recording started, Audacity would
automatically create a track 3, which would be the mix of tracks
1 and 2.  In
the newer versions of Audacity, if you record with overdubbing and choose to
record as a new track, when the recording is finished and you play it back,
you discover that Audacity recorded your singing and also the instrumental
track as it was being played back during your singing. So, now you have a
secondary instrumental track in the mix. How do you avoid it? If I were to
choose to append to existing track instead of new track, or if I turned off
overdubbing, I would not hear the instrumental track at all, so I would be
unable to follow along. But if I overdub, the overdubbing is recorded onto
the new track.

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives, Audacity keyboard
commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line
unsubscribe