[audacity4blind] Recording from set top box

  • From: "Ron Edwards" <facup1927@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:14:26 -0000

Hi all.

Using Windows XP, Jaws 9 and of course Audacity, I am trying to record
directly from my set top box to the computer.

I am able to record the sound, but it comes through quite distorted and
loud.  Having decreased the mic input level in the Windows system to as low
as possible, the result is not much difference.

Can anyone advise on how I can sort this?  Do I need extra plug-ins for
Audacity, or if you have any suggestions/ideas, I would be grateful to hear
them.

Thanks in advance.

Pat