[audacity4blind] Re: Recording Questions

  • From: "Liu Kai Chan" <xy.gorth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 03:57:57 -0400

hi, i hope your audacitying goes well
go to Preferences: and go down to recording settings, uncheck the first box that says to play back recording while over dubbing or adding new recordings. 2. the project and then go to the box after it and uncheck it because that's the box that makes you hear your self, if after unchecking the second box you still hear your self its not audacity that's making that happen.

-----Original Message----- From: Rick Boggess
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:18 PM
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Recording Questions

I just started using Audacity about a week ago and have successfully edited
a sound file to remove some unwanted sections.  I have begun experimenting
with voice recording using a headset with a builtin microphone.  However, I
have two problems.  When I am speaking, I can hear myself through the
headset, but there is a slight delay which is confusing.  How can I get rid
of that?  Secondly, if I record, stop and play the recording and start again
what I record the second time is recorded in such a way that when I play it
back I hear both the initial recording and the second one.  How can I stop
this?

Rick Boggess

---

---