[audacity4blind] Re: Recording

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 07:25:15 +0200

Hi Louise!
In the Transport menu there is an option called Overdub. When activated by
pressing alt-R-O, other tracks in the project will be played while
recording. It's a toggle, so can be deactivated by the same command.
Regarding Overdub recording you should look at the recent thread
concerning latency correction. It's also worth looking up the
corresponding entry in the Audacity tutorial for a basic explanation and
some useful advice.
If you want to hear what is being recorded, activate Software Playthrough
by pressing alt-R-F. You'll very likely experience a slight delay though,
which can be offputting.

Cheers, Robbie