[audacity4blind] Re: Recorded Files are Suddenly Silent

  • From: Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:58:52 -0400

I seem to have solved the problem by going into the Transport Tool Bar with CTRL-F6 and changing the input from the sound card to microphone. This is different in the Beta version where it was set to Master.

Rich De Steno

On 8/22/2012 8:26 PM, Gale Andrews wrote:
| From Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
| Wed, 22 Aug 2012 19:50:14 -0400
| Subject: [audacity4blind] Recorded Files are Suddenly Silent
I am using Audacity 2.0.  I began a recording project and the first few
recordings were fine.  Now the files are created, but they are silent.
Even playing them in Winamp, they are silent.  If I go back to the
Audacity Beta with the same setup and the same material, the recordings
are fine.  What could be causing the lack of audio in these files?  I do
not detect anything unusual about the prompts.
Rich,

There could be a few reasons, but make sure you are using the
current 2.0.1 version of Audacity:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ .

Are you exporting a single Audacity track, or multiple tracks mixed
together? If you have multiple tracks, the first thing to check is
whether any of the mute buttons on the tracks in the 2.x project
are "on". Muted tracks are not exported, so if you had a silent track
in the project but all the other tracks were muted, you would export
a silent file.

Or are you using Export Multiple?

Obviously make sure that you have the volume turned up in
the programs in which you play the exported files.