[audacity4blind] Re: Reading and Recording

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 14:37:47 -0600

Hi, Michelle!  I've been using my Braille Note for voice-over work for
years.  In the studio, it doesn't pick up the clicks at all, not even with
the Empower, which was a bit louder than the Apex.  For home recording, I
recently discovered that I can sit at my computer desk, put the Braille Note
on the keyboard stand, and scoot my chair as close to it as I possibly can.
I've done this with both the Braille Note and hardcopy Braille... No one can
hear clicks or fingers flying over the page! <Smile>  I know some people do
the listen and read thing, but it's difficult for people who are proficient
Braille readers!  Also, do you read with auto-scroll?  If you can manage to
get the scrolling speed right, that feature can be quite helpful with those
clicks!  The blanket thing may work too, if you can find a way to keep it
from restricting your hand movements.  No worries, there are definitely
work-arounds for this!  Hope this helps!

Jana